Family Immigration


For family members of U.S. citizens and green card holders

Whether your spouse, brother, sister, parent, or children need to get Green Cards through your U.S. citizenship or green card status, the Wu Law Firm knows how to ease every step of the process.

For any family members who are already in the U.S. without any visas, or still staying outside of the U.S., our team of experts know how to help you get family-based green cards. Even if your family members have immigration or other problems, lawyers in the Wu Law Firm find you ways to get them in the U.S. through different types of waivers. Our lawyers are highly-experienced and regularly-updated on current immigration law changes. In this ever-changing immigration law landscape, you need a knowledgeable, innovative, creative and dedicated lawyers working on your case.

Do not be misled by unauthorized help who cannot take care of your family's case. Our lawyers have legal knowledge and experience to get the right answers for your family to move and stay in the U.S. Your family members deserve the best legal services for their immigration needs.

Q. I entered the United States illegally. If I get married to a U.S. citizen or a green card holder, am I automatically eligible for a green card?

Your U.S. citizen or green card husband or wife can sponsor you for a green card. However, your "illegal entry" to the United States can stop you from getting a green card like other "legal" immigrants who have some type of visa. If you have no visa in the United States and crossed the border, you need to file a "waiver" of your unlawful presence in the U.S. Your waiver needs to be prepared by an experienced, detail-oriented team of lawyers who can help you through the whole process. Our attorneys and staff members handle extensive volume of documents related to these types of cases. Call us or email us to talk to a lawyer who will be dedicated in preparing your waiver application so that you can get your green card through your spouse.


Q. If I have children born in the U.S., can I apply for a green card?

If one or more of your children are over 21 years of age, they can sponsor you for a green card. Otherwise, if the conditions in your home country are unsafe and unfit for children or if your child requires special care, you may qualify for an immigration relief. Depending on whether you have a visa or you crossed the border, your path for a green card may differ. Call us or email us to schedule a consultation for more information relevant to your case.